Monday, August 25, 2014

New Years Diet Resolutions



How I plan to lose weight and live better.

Losing weight has seemingly always been a goal of mine. Every year though it doesn’t really seem to happen. This year though, I’m going to plan how to lose weight, and stick to that plan. 

 
I’ve always counted calories, but I’ve never really paid attention beyond that until recently. In 2011, one part of my resolution is to pay attention to the food itself; instead of a small bowl of Ramen noodles for lunch, perhaps a bowl of oats, or two moderately sized apples. I need to ask myself questions about the vitamins, minerals, chemical additives, fiber content, and other contents of the foods that I eat.

Another problem that I need to work on is exercise. I often do long exercise sessions that last for two hours plus. The problem is that I don’t often have the two hours of free time needed to do that every day. My goal on this front is to try to fit some exercise into my routine no matter what. If I have fifteen minutes, I’ll do fifteen minutes of exercise.  If I have two hours, I’ll exercise for two hours. If I can fit even a little exercise in, it would be better than not doing any at all.
Thinking about it, the other problem that I have is actually staying on a diet. After a hard day, sometimes it’s just difficult to push myself to fix a nutritious meal. One way to solve this problem will be to start a system of making (or just preparing) a couple of extra meals every day and putting them in food storage bags. As someone who likes Chinese cooking, I’ve learned that this is a key technique in Chinese cooking. Though this can also be used to make cooking and eating nutritious and diet friendly meal easier.

A lot of times I find myself having to eat things that aren’t on my diet even though I don’t want to. Sometimes family will force foods on me that I just don’t need, and I end up eating them to be polite.  The only way to get over this hurdle will be to just “man up” and tell other people that I have a diet, I can’t eat that. 

Overall, my resolution isn’t to just lose x amount of pounds. That’s always been my goal. My resolution is to keep evolving my lifestyle habits in healthier directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment