Tuesday, August 5, 2014

The Top Five Personal Resolutions That Could Improve My Health In 2012



As New Year’s Day approaches the inevitable stream of New Years Resolution’s come flowing in, with only a few ever to be achieved. Such is the nature of the beast, but making resolution can still be helpful to you since it at least is a reminder to try to achieve. My top 5 personal health resolutions are important to me and the bettering of myself.


5. Weigh every day:
Weighing was a daily ritual in my battle with weight loss, but at some point, I stopped. Always scared to have to face the music, I just stopped. However, weighing is important information gathering, and is something that I’ll just have to man up and do, no matter if I like what I see of not.

4. Take vitamins and mineral supplements regularly:
Another daily ritual that I slacked off of within the past year has been taking vitamin and mineral supplements. Due to some problems with my stomach I am unable to eat certain vegetables, so I just used these supplements to get the nutrition I needed. However, I fell off of the habit due to my days becoming more and more hectic, and in a bid to try and save some money. Sadly, I’ve been sick more often, and have had more little problems with my health than when I was taking the supplements.  I think this is a very important step that goes with number 3…

3. Keep a log of what I eat:
My diet has fallen off the mark in the increased hectic pace of my daily life as of late; while I haven’t really been going into binges, I’ve had no real consistency in my meals. Eating consistent portions, consistent types of food, and consistent numbers of daily meals is a key to weight loss. Your body has to be able to regularize itself, and if it can’t, your metabolism will never be where it needs to be to efficiently use calories. So, I need to keep a daily log of my meals so that I can better track my performance and make the changes that I need to.

2. Get better sleep:
My sleep schedule has been a mess now since the summer. An increased amount of University assignments, plus an increased amount of demands and commitments form family, has resulted in waking up very early and going to sleep very late. Sleep is essential to good health, and I have noticed my health deteriorate. What do I do about this; firstly, I’m going to have to use my time during the day even more efficiently than ever. Secondly, I’ll have to be more firm with the more demanding members of the family that I can’t do certain things, or attend to certain whims, whenever they want. Finally…

1. Exercise more:
Exercise is something that has been pushed to the wayside in order to get whatever needs to be done, done. That’s not to say that I’m a couch potato or a desk chair bound hermit, but the actual exercise that I need to do the maintain a healthy lifestyle has slacked off. Like with my sleep, I’ll just have to fit it in somehow.
In closing, 2011 was a bad year for me and my health, seeing me battle with Pneumonia and the Flu while operating under an increased demand from family members and University courses. While I figure I might not achieve all of these resolutions 100%, I do think that making note of the problems and trying to fix them may lead to 2012 being a better year for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment